After waiting for more than four years and shocked by the court
rejection of bail to the local youths arrested in the 2006
Malegaon blast case, Kul Jamaati Tanzeem in Malegaon has finally
decided to intensify its campaign for justice it had started
shortly after their arrests in 2006.
In an all party meeting called
yesterday, few days after the court rejected the bail application
March 15, the Kula Jamaati Tanzeem has decided to start a Jail
Bharo Tehreek to press their demands.
"In order to apprise the government
of our anger over the injustice it is doing to these Muslim youths
and their families, we have decided to start a Jail Bharo
Tehreek from April first week ", the Kul Jamaati Tanzeem leaders
said after the meeting.
"That the investigating agencies
work at the behest of the government is no secret. The way they
opposed the bail application is a clear indication that the
government is in no mood to correct its mistakes. Hence we are left
with no option but to intensify our fight for justice",
The leaders have also appealed to
the people who are willing to join the Jail Bharo Tehreek
to register their names at six different offices in Malegaon.
Kul Jamaati Tanzeem is comprised of
the leaders from all sects and Muslim groups in Malegaon and
enjoys support from a vast majority of people in the town.
Established immediately after the 2006 Malegaon blast, the
organisation is fighting for the release of the Muslim youths ever
Earlier on March 05, the Kul Jamaati Tanzeem
leaders after the dharna organised at Mumbai's Azad Maidan had given the government a time till April 06 to correct its
mistakes and release the accused arrested in the 2006 Malegaon
Meanwhile, Maharashtra State
Minority Commission has decided to raise the demand for the release
of the Muslim youths at the meeting called by the National
Minority Commission March 18.
"We would be demanding the release
of these Muslim youths in the meeting called by the National
Minority Commission in New Delhi March 18", Mohd Naseem Siddiqui,
Chairman of the Maharashtra State Minority Commission said.
"The National Commission has invited
the heads of all the state minority commissions with a single
agenda. Our agenda at this meeting will be the demand for
immediate release of these Muslim youths in jail since 2006", he
Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram
and Minister for Minority Affairs Salaman Khurshid will also be
present in this meeting.
"We don't have objection on
investigations. Investigations can go on for years. After Swami
Aseemanand's confession there is no need to keep these youths
behind the bar", he said.
"Hence the central government should
direct the CBI and the Maharashtra government to ATS so that these
youths are released", he said.
The nine Muslim accused arrested in
the 2006 Malegaon blast case had moved to
the Special MCOCA Court January 17 seeking bail on the basis of the
confessional statement of Swami Aseemanand, who is allegedly
associated with Hindu terrorist groups and has confessed about his
role in the 2006 Malegaon and other blasts.
Special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime
Act (MCOCA) court, however, rejected their bail application March
The accused have already decided to move the High Court for an
Meanwhile, the CBI which has been
granted permission re-investigation in the case after Aseemanad's
confession has so far not succeeded in getting any breakthrough.
However, according to the sources, its investigation is going on
and one of its team has left for Rajasthan to interrogate Swami