Follow us on
Welcome Guest! You are here: Home » International
Indian dies from heater fumes in Saudi Arabia
Tuesday December 17, 2013 8:03 PM, IANS

Two expatriates, including an Indian national, died after breathing toxic gases from a coal-burning heater in the Ha'il province of Saudi Arabia.

While the Indian, 28, and the Sri Lankan, 34 died after inhaling the toxic fumes, another man, a Sri Lankan labourer, was critically injured, the Arab News reported Tuesday.

Preliminary investigations have revealed that the men died after breathing the toxic gases from the heater's smouldering coal, which they used to keep themselves warm.

The men were sleeping in a tightly shut room in a building close to the Jarallah Market in Ha'il, the capital of Ha'il province.

Civil defence personnel said severe cold in the region drives poor people to use cheap and often risky methods to keep themselves warm.


Share this page
 Comments
Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.ummid.com
comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement
| Quick links
About ummid.com
Contact us
Feedback
Subscribe to: RSS » Facebook » Twitter » Newsletter
Ummid.com: Disclaimer | Terms of Use | Advertise with us | Link Exchange
Ummid.com is part of the Awaz Multimedia & Publications providing World News, News Analysis and Feature Articles on Education, Health. Politics, Technology, Sports, Entertainment, Industry etc. The articles or the views displayed on this website are for public information and in no way describe the editorial views. The users are entitled to use this site subject to the terms and conditions mentioned.
© 2012 Awaz Multimedia & Publications. All rights reserved.