Welcome Guest! You are here: Home » Science & Technology
Family claims iPhone killed daughter
Sunday July 14, 2013 5:54 PM, IANS

Relatives of a 23-year-old woman from northwest China have claimed that she died after being electrocuted while using her iPhone.

The older sister of victim, Ailun, said on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, that Ma was electrocuted while trying to answer a call on her iPhone while the device was charging, Xinhua reported.

"(I) hope that Apple Inc can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging," her post read.

The post has gone viral online, with many forwarding the message and warning others of the dangers of using mobile devices while they are being charged.

Ma's father, Ma Guanghui, confirmed that his daughter was electrocuted, adding that her body showed signs of electrocution.

Ma, a resident of Xinjiang's city of Changji, was previously employed as a flight attendant at China Southern Airlines.

Ma's sister said she hopes to seek justice from Apple.

Apple said Sunday the company felt "deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident" and expressed condolence to the victim and her family. It said it would have a thorough probe into the case.



Share this page
 Comments
Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.ummid.com
comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement
| Quick links
About ummid.com
Contact us
Feedback
Subscribe to: RSS » Facebook » Twitter » Newsletter
Ummid.com: Disclaimer | Terms of Use | Advertise with us | Link Exchange
Ummid.com is part of the Awaz Multimedia & Publications providing World News, News Analysis and Feature Articles on Education, Health. Politics, Technology, Sports, Entertainment, Industry etc. The articles or the views displayed on this website are for public information and in no way describe the editorial views. The users are entitled to use this site subject to the terms and conditions mentioned.
© 2012 Awaz Multimedia & Publications. All rights reserved.