Shutdown Call disrupts normal life across the country: The 12-hour "`Bharat Bandh" called by the National Democratic ..... Read Full
One thousand Mumbai students to interact with NASA astronaut Joan Higginbotham: At Nehru Auditorium of Nehru Centre, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Mumbai coming Friday July 9, 2010 at 11 in the .... Read Full
Ishrat's family refutes all charges, seeks clarification from PC: The family of Ishrat Jahan, who was killed along with three alleged terrorists in 2004 in an .... Read Full
Bring down the 'level of arrogance': Jaitley to UPA: Claiming that the opposition-sponsored Bharat Bandh against price rise had been an "unprecedented" .... Read Full
Muslim girl from Bihar wins Fulbright Fellowship: Bringing laurel to Bihar and her community, Zeeshan Ali has won Fulbright Fellowship from the United States .... Read Full
Cow in Contemporary Political Chessboard: Karnataka BJP Government has passed “Karnataka Prevention of Slaughter and Preservation of Cattle Bill 2010 .... Read Full
TN Muslims stage protest for 10% exclusive quota: Urging the Union government to provide 10 per cent quota for Muslims in employment .... Read Full
Nitish lambastes Congress for playing politics on AMU Bihar: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar yesterday accused the Congress of playing politics on ..... Read Full
Ranganath Mishra Report a curse, deserves to be thrown in dust-bin: BJP: Dubbing the Ranganath Mishra Commission report as a "curse", the .... Read Full
Bihar Elections: War on to attract Muslim votes: Political parties in Bihar are trying to outdo each other to woo minority votes ahead of the assembly polls .... Read Full
'More than 1000 honour killings in India every year': More than 1,000 young people in India have been done to death every year owing to 'Honour Killings' ..... Read Full
Anti-Nehru remarks may cost Narendra Modi dear: A defamation case has been filed by a Congress worker at a court here against Gujarat Chief Minister ... Read Full
Illiteracy, ignorance refrain Muslims from taking benefits of Govt. schemes
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 06:08:24 PM, Agencies
Govt. should stop playing game with Muslims: On the way to MGM ground in Aurangabad on January 28 yesterday where a rally was organised to press the government .... Read Full
Ghaziabad: Chief Development Officer, Zaheer bin Saghir said here in a meeting of Multi-Sectoral District Development Plan (MSDDP) that central and state governments have introduced many projects for the all-round progress and development and for improvement of life of people of minority communities, particularly Muslims, but because of their illiteracy and ignorance, they are unable to take advantage of these schemes.
He gave details of schemes like MNREGA, Swarn Jayanti Gramin Rozgar Yojna, Kanshi Ram Alp Sankhyak Rozgar Yojna, Ambedkar Vishesh Rozgar Yojna, Prime Minister’s Guarantee Rozgar Karyakram, Khadi Gram Udyog Yojna etc and said that for starting projects and business etc under these schemes loans are being given by banks from Rs one lakh to Rs 25 lakh on small rates of interest. These also include government assistance.
He said that a survey of minority-inhabited villages at the block level in Ghaziabad district has been conducted where Muslims form more than 25% of the population. There are 53 such villages, he said. In these villages development projects under multi-sectoral schemes like supply of clean drinking water, special sanitation campaign, Aanganwadi centers, distribution of educational scholarships, assistance on marriage occasions, installation of solar lighting instruments (like solar panels), Kanshi Ram Apna Rozgar plan, setting up of dispensaries, expansion of inter-colleges, setting up computer labs, building of primary and high schools etc are under way.
He further said that under modernization of madrasa scheme, madrasas which have their own land, an amount upto Rs 50 lakhs can be sanctioned for the construction of buildings, of which 75% will be given by government and the remaining 25% will have to be arranged by the concerned madrasas themselves.
Comment on this article
Ummid.com is part of Awaz Multimedia & Publications providing World News, News Analysis and Feature Articles on Education, Health. Politics, Technology, Sports, Entertainment, Industry etc. The articles or the views displayed on this website are for public information and in no way describe the editorial views. The users are entitled to use this site subject to the terms and condition mentioned.