Welcome Guest! You are here: Home » Regional
85-year-old woman suffocates to death in bedroom
Wednesday May 15, 2013 7:47 PM, IANS

An 85-year-old woman was suffocated to death while her husband had to be hospitalised in serious condition after an electrical short-circuit triggered a fire in their house wiring in the capital, police said Wednesday.

The incident took place in Anand Vihar area of east Delhi on the night of Tuesday-Wednesday.

"Swarnkant Khosla was sleeping with her husband Jagmohan in their bedroom located at the first floor in the two-storey house. An electrical short-circuit burnt the house wiring and their room was filled with smoke," a police officer said.

Their son rushed to the couple's bedroom and took them to hospital where doctors declared Swarnkant dead. Her husband is still undergoing treatment there, the officer added.

 



Share this page
 Comments
Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.ummid.com

Comments powered by DISQUS

Advertisement
| Quick links
About ummid.com
Contact us
Feedback
Subscribe to: RSS » Facebook » Twitter » Newsletter
Ummid.com: Disclaimer | Terms of Use | Advertise with us | Link Exchange
Ummid.com is part of the Awaz Multimedia & Publications providing World News, News Analysis and Feature Articles on Education, Health. Politics, Technology, Sports, Entertainment, Industry etc. The articles or the views displayed on this website are for public information and in no way describe the editorial views. The users are entitled to use this site subject to the terms and conditions mentioned.
© 2012 Awaz Multimedia & Publications. All rights reserved.