Bengaluru: The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has started receiving from Thursday February 01, 2018 online applications for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2018) to be held for admission to various courses available in the next academic year.
According to official release, the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) will be held on April 18 and April 19, 2018. Last year, the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) were held on May 2 and May 3, 2017.
According to the information uploaded on the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) website, the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2018) will be held as per the following schedule.
Candidates willing to appeare for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2018), held every year for admission to various undergraduate courses in the state, can check the detailed schedule and exam pattern by logging-in to the KEA wesite.
How to Apply for KCET 2018
- Go to the official website by clicking here: www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Once on the home page, click on the link 'Karnataka CET 2018 Exam Schedule'
- Download and save the schedule and other information available in pdf file
KCET 2018 Eligibility
1) The candidate should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognised educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard examination from Karnataka State.
In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only.
2) The candidate should have studied and passed either 1st and 2nd year Pre-University Examination or 11th and 12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by the State Government and that either of the parents should have studied in Karnataka for minimum period of SEVEN years.
KCET 2018 Fee
Print the Challan copy which is in triplicate. In the Challan, the details of the candidate will be pre-printed, such as Name, CET Number, College/Course Allotted details, Fee to be paid, Bank Account Number.
Candidates of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of Rs. 650/- for General and OBC (Rs.500/- for SC/ST Category-1 of Karnataka candidates only). Rs.750/- in case of candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka and Rs.5,000/- in case of candidates residing outside India.
The candidates have to pay the requisite fee in any of the branch of the Banks specified. The bank will retain bank copy of the Challan with them and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates.
The candidates who are residing outside India shall pay the fees in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore, the demand draft should be sent to KEA address by mentioning the application number.
KCET 2018 Admit Card
KCET 2018 admit card will be available for download on April 10, 2018.
The common entrance test cell was established in the year 1994 for conducting entrance tests to determine the merit of the candidates for admission to professional courses such as Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy, Engineering / Technology and Architecture courses, Farm science, B-Pharm, Pharm-D courses.
CET provides admissions to Medical, Dental, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Naturapathy and Yoga, Engineering, B.Sc Agriculture, Sericulture, Forestry, Horticulture, B-Pharma and D-Pharma courses and is applicable only to the students of Karnataka.
To expand the activities of the CET cell, the government in the year 2006 converted it in to an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act 1960 called Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
For all the latest Education News, download ummid.com App
Select Langauge To Read in Urdu, Hindi, Marathi or Arabic