|

More on Ummid : International l National Regional l Politics Sports Religion l History l Culture l Education

 

Two Years into the Blast:

The Terror Goes On

By Aleem Faizee

 

Exactly two year’s before on September 8 in 2006, Malegaon had shaken by the lethal serial blasts in Hamidia Masjid. Since then the terror still goes on for many people in the town.

 

A Blast Victim in Malegaon

 

Related Articles

Malegaon tragedy exposes bias of

  investigating agencies

Malegaon Blasts: Partisan Approach and

  Biased Police

Democracy Besieged

A Prelude to Malegaon Blast

 
 
 

 

 

Inside Narrative of Nanded Blast

On April 06, 2006 midnight at around 01:30 AM a powerful explosion took place in the middle class locality in the Nanded at the residence of RSS worker Laxman Rajkondawar a retired irrigation engineer. The blast killed his son 29-year old Naresh Rajkondawar and 31-year old Himanshu Panse. Three others were seriously injured and one injured Rahul Pande escaped from the site but was later caught by the police...Read Full

 

Even as he was wrapping up his prayers inside the Hamidia Masjid in the Qabristan, he heard two loud explosions one after the other. Rushed outside of the mosque, he saw the pieces of the human bodies scattered all over the pathway leading to the gate of the Qabristan. It took him a while to realise that these were actually the bomb blasts that had taken place inside the mosque killing scores of people, most of them being the children. Still to come out of the shock, he heard another explosion. The blast this time at Mushawerat Chowk few hundred meters from the Qabristan, had also taken some of the lives which survived in the Qabristan minutes before. By this time the news of the blasts that had taken more than thirty lives and sent over 300 people to the hospitals had spread to the whole town like a wildfire.

 

 

Blast Fact Sheet:

  • Series of blasts on September 8, 2006 in Hamidia Masjid on the eve of Shab-e-Barat killed more than 30 people and injured scores others.
  • Investigation initiated by the local police soon handed over to the ATS. ATS claimed cracking the case in December.
  • The day ATS filed its charge-sheet, Home Minister RR Patil conceding to the demands by the people in Malegaon announced to hand over the case to CBI.
  • CBI is probing into the case but yet to complete the investigation.

 

This is how Nuroo Seth, a contractor with the Civic Body, recalled the deadly serial blasts that shook Malegaon on September 8 in 2006. “After my father expired a year before I became a regular in Friday prayers at Qabristan”, he said. “Back home hence my wife was worried, her worries escalating even further as she failed to get me even on my cell. Her body already stricken by Chickoon Guinea, this time got the stroke in her brain. Never recovered from the attack, she finally succumbed on May 8, 2007.” The death, exactly eight months after the blasts, went totally unnoticed by the authorities as well as the media.

 

The death of Nooru Seth’s wife however is not an exception. There are probably scores of others in the town who are thus indirectly affected by the deadly blasts that occurred on this day in 2006. And two years into the serial blasts, the terror for them it seems just goes on. “Top in this list are the “listed relatives of the victims” that have failed in convincing the state for a just compensations for their dead and the injured”, said Shafeeque Ansari who had lost his son in the blast.

 

On the other hand, anxious as CBI is yet to complete its investigations, not far behind in this list are the relatives of the accused, in jail waiting an early verdict on their faith. “We have appealed to the National Human Rights Commission to intervene to bail out at least Zahid Ansari on humanitarian ground who despite being 600 kilometers away from the town when the blasts took place in Malegaon has been shown as one of the planters in the ATS charge-sheet”, said Advocate Mujeeb Ansari.

 

Although the faith of the accused now rests in the court, Malegaon is perhaps the only place in the list attacked by the terrorists where not only the relatives of the accused but the victims also are hell bent on believing that those arrested are nothing to do with the blasts. “This cannot be a handiwork of any local person”, Dada Bhuse, the local MLA had reportedly said after the blasts.

 

 

 

 

 

Home | Top of the page                                                                Comment on this article

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Ummid.com: Home | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | About Us | Feedback

Ummid Business: Advertise with us | Careers | Link Exchange

Ummid.com is part of The Awaz Networks providing world news, news analysis, Islamic news, news related to Muslim community, education, health. politics, technology, sports, entertainment, industries etc. The articles or the views displayed on this website are for public information and in no way describe the editorial views. The users are entitled to use this site subject to the terms and condition mentioned.