Following the confessional statement of Swami Aseemanand published by Tehelka
in its latest edition about the involvement of Hindutva terrorists
in 2006 Malegaon blast, Maharashtra Minority Commission has
decided to recommend to the state as well as central governments
to withdraw cases against the Muslim youths arrested in the case.
"After the confession of Swami
Aseemanad, it is very clear that the Muslim youths, who are in jail
since 2006 are innocent and were wrongly arrested by the
investigating agencies", Maharashtra State Minority Commission
Chairman Mohd Nasim Siddiqui said while speaking to ummid.com.
Nasim Siddiqui was in Malegaon
January 07, 2010 to attend a function and was replying to the
queries raised by ummid.com following the confessional statement
made by Swami Aseemanand, the key accused arrested in Mecca Masjid
and other blast cases.
"The government should now
immediately withdraw the cases against them and start a fresh
investigations of the blast", he added.
He also said that the State Minority
Commission would be writing letters to the State and Central
governments to take immediate action in this regard.
Similar demands are being raised by
people of Malegaon also and people fighting for these Muslim youths
are demanding from the government to releases them immediately.
"After the confessional statement of
Swami Aseemanand made in front of a magistrate, it is
very clear that the Muslim youths arrested in the case are
innocent. Hence, the government should immediately withdraw the
cases against them and should release them without further delay",
Advocate SS Shaikh said while talking to ummid.com on phone.
SS Shaikh, senior Advocate and
President of Jamiatul Ulema, Mahrashtra has been fighting to prove
the innocence of the Muslim youths ever since they were detained in
These demands came after the
confessional statement made by Swami Aseemanand, the accused
detained in Ajmer and other blast cases appeared in the media. Swami Aseemanand in his
confession said, "It was not Muslim boys but a team
of RSS pracharaks who exploded bombs in Malegaon in 2006 and 2008,
on the Samjhauta Express in 2007, in Ajmer Sharif in 2007 and
Mecca Masjid in 2007."
President of Kul Jamaati Tanzeem
Maulana Abdul Hameed Azhari in his reaction over the Swami's
confession also demanded immediate release of the Muslim youths
detained in the case.
"The government should immediately
release the Muslim youths who are in jail since last more than four
years without committing any crime", he said while speaking to ummid.com.
He also said that the confession of
the Swami is "not new to them" as "they had the firm belief from
the day one that the Muslims are wrongly framed in the case and
"someone else" had committed this crime.
He said, "Had the government paid
heed to our belief then, the blasts that occurred later in
Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid, Ajmer and again in Malegaon would
have been avoided and innocent lives saved."
32 people had been killed and more
than 300 people had been injured when a series of blasts struck
Malegaon on September 08 in 2006 ahead of Shab-e-Barat, a
Muslim festival when thousands of people were busy in offering
Friday prayers in a mosque.
As was the customary for the
investigating agencies during those days, the blast was
immediately blamed on Muslim youth. Later on, police arrested the
Muslim youth one by one who are still in jail. Ironically one of
the accused who is in jail and has been chargesheeted as one of
the planters, was some 600 kms away from Malegaon when the blast
occurred on September 8, 2006.
Moreover, Abrar Ahmed, one of the
accused, who later became approver but turned hostile, in an
affidavit filled in the court had also claimed that the arrested Muslim
youth are innocent and were framed in the blast case.