A day after the special MCOCA court in Mumbai dismissed the bail
application of the nine Muslim youths arrested in the 2006
Malegaon blast case, Maharashtra State Minority Commission has
declared that it would demand their release at the National meet
"We would be demanding the release
of these Muslim youths in the meeting called by the National
Minority Commission in New Delhi March 18", Mohd Naseem Siddiqui,
Chairman of the Maharashtra State Minority Commission said.
"The National Commission has invited
the heads of all the state minority commissions with a single
agenda. Our agenda at this meeting will be the demand for
immediate release of these Muslim youths in jail since 2006", he
Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram
and Minister for Minority Affairs Salaman Khurshid will also be
present in this meeting.
"We don't have objection on
investigations. Investigations can go on for years. After Swami
Aseemanand's confession there is no need to keep these youths
behind the bar", he said.
"Hence the central government should
direct the CBI and the Maharashtra government to ATS so that these
youths are released", he said.
The nine Muslim accused arrested in
the 2006 Malegaon blast case had moved to
the Special MCOCA Court January 17 seeking bail on the basis of the
confessional statement of Swami Aseemanand, who is allegedly
associated with Hindu terrorist groups and has confessed about his
role in the 2006 Malegaon and other blasts.
Special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime
Act (MCOCA) court, however, rejected their bail application March
The accused have already decided to move to to High Court for an
Meanwhile, the CBI which has been
granted permission re-investigation in the case after Aseemanad's
confession has so far not succeeded in getting any breakthrough.
However, according to the sources, its investigation is going on
and one of its team has left for Rajasthan to interrogate Swami