Ever since the news report of the
court order dismissing Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime
Act (MCOCA) charges against the 11 accused detained in connection
with the 2008 Malegaon blast is made public, the mood in Malegaon is
a kind of shock and dejection. Though people in the town express
total respect to the Court order, they just fail to believe how it
can happen to those who had reportedly confessed not only to killing
the innocent people but also to seeking help from the Zionist
government in Israel to overthrow the Indian Government.
Shocked they might have been, but they
have not lost their conscious. Hence, while they feel dejected by
the court order, they express total respect to the verdict and put
all the blame over to Maharasthra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) for not
carrying the investigation with the gist Hemant Karkare - the slain
ATS Chief who was killed in November 2008 Mumbai terror attack had
painstakingly carried till his death.
"Since the day K. P. Raghuvanshi was
reinstated to the post of ATS Chief we were demanding from the State
Government to revoke its decision stating the people of Malegaon
have no faith in him. In our demands, we were also joined by the
secular people from all across the country. But the State Government
did not pay any heed to our concerns. Friday's MCOCA court order is
the direct consequence of the State Government order to reinstate
Raghuvanshi as state ATS Chief", said Abdul Hameed Azhari, leader of
the Kul Jamaati Tanzeem Malegaon while speaking to ummid.com.
Kul Jamaati Tanzeem that comprises of
the religious leaders from various Muslim sects is working for the
release of the Muslim youths arrested in connection with the 2006
Malegaon blast. Tanzeem leaders believe the Hindu terrorists
detained in 2008 Malegaon blast might have been responsible even for
the 2006 blast.
The court order dismissing the MCOCA
charges against the accused have also brought the leaders from
various political parties to a single platform.
"When Rakesh Dhavde was discharged by
the court in Prabhani and Purna cases for want of evidence one after
the another, speculations began taking the round that this might
prove a beginning for the relief to everyone who were detained in
the case. The court order just vindicates this notion", said Mufti
Mohd Ismael, leader of the Third Front that rules the Civic Body in
Rakesh Dhavde, an antique arms trader
from Pune was found to be linked to three other criminal cases and
had been chargesheeted in one of the three cases, which related to a
blast outside a mosque in Purna, before he was picked up for the
Malegaon blasts. He was charged for the two other older cases after
he was picked up for Malegaon. This had allowed the ATS to impose
MCOCA on him and — by extension — on the other accused in the case.
Former Minister and Janata Dal
(Secular) leader Nehal Ahmad termed the court order as total failure
by the state government and the ATS. "It is because of lack of
interest on the part of the ATS after Hemant Karkare disappeared
from the scene and the soft corner the State Government has towards
the Hindu terrorists that the accused have got the relief from the
MCOCA court", he said while reacting on the development.
Local Congress MLA Shaikh Rasheed and
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Yusuf Seth too expressed
their displeasure and termed the decision as a setback to the
justice that people of Malegaon were hoping for after the Hindu
terrorists were exposed and arrested by the ATS after the blast.
Meanwhile, Arif Naseem Khan, Minister
of State for Home called a high level meeting yesterday in his
chamber that was attended by Joint Secretaries from the concerned
departments, ATS Chief K. P. Raghuvanshi and Special Public
Prosecutor Rohini Salian among others and decided to appeal in the
High Court against the court verdict within eight days. State
Government has already obtained a stay on the order and the MCOCA
court has given it four weeks time to appeal in the High Court.